Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Why I enjoyed cleaning my bathrooms today

Method all-purpose cleaner from Target -- Cucumber scent.

Now, as many of you know, I am certainly not one of those strange people who usually gets joy out of cleaning. I will admit to getting some joy out of organizing (though summoning the energy and setting aside the time often alludes me), but certainly not cleaning.

In fact, my mom may have fainted after reading this title. And if she ever figures out how to leave a comment, I'm sure she will confirm for you all how I've never loved to clean.

My best friend, Shawn, used to clean when she was upset. When we were roomies, if I came home and the apartment was sparkling, I knew it was time to pick up some ice cream and maybe a box o' wine.

Anyway, back to the cleaning enjoyment I experienced today...

I was walking through Target this morning (I know, it's so hard to believe that I would be shopping! And at Target, of all places!), and as I passed the cleaning aisle, I recalled a post I read on Bring the Rain a while back. She mentioned her love for Method Cucumber cleaner. I knew that I had a good bit of cleaning to do today, so I thought, "Why not try something new and different?"

When I first picked it up, I hesitated a little because somewhere I saw something like "natural cleaner." Well, I'm all for natural in most areas of my life, but there are some things that seem to call for a little chemical assistance. So for the same reason that I've never tried natural deodorant, I wasn't so sure about cleaning bathrooms with natural cleaner.

I'm so glad I tried it, though. It worked great, and that fresh cucumber scent is just lovely!

I even cleaned my bathtub for the 2nd time this week, just to freshen it up a bit. I wouldn't want my big, fabulous tub to feel bad when the rest of the bathroom wore a fresh cucumber scent and it was stuck with the smell of Comet with bleach.

Anyway, next time you're at Target, pick some up. You won't regret it.

I might mop my floors with it later.

No comments: