Sunday, June 29, 2008

Dreamin' of a trailer on the lake

I have lots to share about the past week! Shall we begin?

We spent a few days last week on a little getaway with our wild, wacky friends. Kim graciously invited us to spend some time with them at her parents' lake house. We had a fabulous time! The house is amazing, and we had a great time enjoying long talks with friends and the beauty of God's creation.

And having other kids around to entertain our one and only was a real treat!

I'll go over some highlights, but I'm going to post a slideshow of pictures. There are just too many good ones, and I know you wouldn't want to miss any of them!

The kids really loved fishing. No matter what other fun we were having, someone was always asking when they could go fishing again!

Perry caught his first fish! Eric even cooked it up that night, so they could all have a taste.

Jack's birthday was Wednesday, so, of course, we celebrated him!


Tubing was also a big hit.



Thumbs up means "go faster." Perry and Caroline did that a lot! They were our little speed demons.

We took a long boat ride on Thursday afternoon, and on the way back, this little miracle happened.

I must say, I very much enjoyed that moment with my baby. It doesn't happen often anymore that this big boy falls asleep on my lap. With him there sleeping and us out on the water enjoying the perfect weather, the lake, and the beauty all around, I was so thankful to a God who loves us enough to give us all of this! Blessing upon blessing.

That big boy did get heavy, though. Once I laid him down on the seat, all of us adults enjoyed this.

That's all of our kids, all conked out on the boat. We sat in the back and chatted as we watched our angels sleep, and, I'm telling you, it was Heaven on earth!

So I asked the hubby to buy me a trailer on the lake. I don't need a fancy lake house, just somewhere that I could lay my head and where we could enjoy the rich family time that comes with getting away from it all. With a trailer, a boat, and some fishing poles, we'd be living the life, I'm telling you!

Someday my dreams will come true. Dreams of a double-wide on the water in Alabama. Wooooo weeee, y'all!

Enjoy the slideshow of the rest of our fun!

I'll be back later with more. After we got back from the lake, I had the awesome experience of attending the Deeper Still conference in Atlanta. We heard some amazing teaching from Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer. And, of course, I LOVED the worship time with the fabulous Travis Cottrell and team.

I'm not even sure where to start, but I'll try to string together some coherent thoughts.

No comments: