Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I am dedicated, I am motivated!

BooMamaBeforeAfter

So I have many goals for things to accomplish around the house this summer, you know, since I don't have to work again until August and all. I have been starting to feel as if I had not made adequate progress, and I needed some motivation.

And today I saw an answer to my prayers on BooMama! She is hosting a "Before and After" extravaganza, and it is just the motivation I need to GET ON IT!

Below you will find my "to do" list. Then MARK YOUR CALENDARS for July 25 because you will not want to miss the before and after pictures of all of the wonderful projects that I have completed!

I hope you can stand the wait. The anticipation may be too much, I know.

THE LIST

  • Completely finish basement flooring. Add rugs and return furniture, etc. to its place. Do not return anything that is junk -- THROW IT AWAY! (This one WILL be finished by the end of this coming weekend, in preparation for guests next week.)
  • "Spruce up" master bedroom, including window treatments and decor to match our new bedding.
  • Choose and install new ceiling fan in living room. ***Disclaimer: the timely completion of this one does depend on the hubby's time availability and willingness to take orders.
  • Clean out and organize 2 storage areas (1 inside, 1 in garage). Clean out other closets and GET RID OF SOME JUNK.
  • Plant flowers by mailbox.

OK, I think that's enough for now. I do have to leave myself some time to lounge by the pool, shop, read, and, oh yeah, spend time with my kid! : )

Be sure to check out BooMama's EXTRAVAGANZA for yourself!

3 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Good luck with your list. We're working in the backyard this summer. See you on the 25th.

Connie Jean said...

I know what you mean. Seeing BooMama's challenge is an answer to my prayers as well.
Good luck with all of your projects and I will be checking back soon to see how it goes :)

The Momster said...

Don't you just love that BooMama's event came just in the nick of time??? She has me motivated to get moving and get things done!

Good luck with your projects!