Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Living in a Man's World

It all started a couple of months back. Perry and I were riding along in the car, and he says, "Mommy, ya know what I saw when I was watching Sports Center the other day?"

He's 5 years old, y'all, and already he's turning into his father.

For those who don't know, my husband is some sort of phenomena when it comes to sports facts and trivia. He knows the stats of sports teams from colleges that I didn't even know existed.

In the car the other day we were riding along listening to our standard tunes of choice -- some rockin' worship music, and the kid pipes up with, "Can we listen to sports radio, Mommy?"

Ummmm... NO! You can listen to that in Daddy's car, kiddo.

Today, after a very busy morning and afternoon, we came home for some relaxation time, which usually involves some cartoons for him and a good book for me (or, more likely, some laundry or cleaning products). Anyway, he sits down on the couch and turns on, you guessed it, Sports Center.

ESPN now ranks among the top 3 channels my 5-year-old watches. He always checks Nick, Disney, and ESPN.

And this morning as I'm making breakfast and he was watching some morning TV, he yells to me, "Mommy, come quick! They're showing Big Papi on TV!" (For the ladies/non-sports fans -- Big Papi is David Ortiz of the Boston Red Sox)

I was very excited.

His daddy, however, is quite proud.

2 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

That is hilarious! I guess that is what it will be for me in a house with 3 boys. Lee is from Boston so I definitely know who Big Papi is.

Cheryl said...

Hey Lisa,
What years were you in Phi Mu? I feel like I know you but my memory is failing me! What was your maiden name, maybe that will help!