Friday, June 13, 2008

Ty Pennington, Bob Villa, and Me

Look what I did while P was at camp this morning.




This is our basement, and as of about 10:00 this morning, there was carpet there. A lovely berber, circa 1996. By noon, it was no more.

And I did it. All by myself.

Don't worry, we're not leaving it that way. Hopefully by tomorrow evening, I'll have some "after" pictures for you. Now that the hubby is home, we are hauling all the carpet away and prepping for tomorrow's project -- laying down the new flooring.

After my very productive morning, P and I met my friend Kim and her son at a lovely indoor playground for some air-conditioned fun! The boys ran wild, and we enjoyed some adult conversation.



Sorry, no pictures of the adult conversation... only the wild boys.

And LOOK -- Perry is wearing his very first autographed t-shirt. Oh, remember those? That Sharpie-smelling t-shirt really took me back.

This one is a souvenir from the drama camp he attended this week. Tomorrow is their big show. P has 4 lines. His teacher actually offered him one of the lead parts, the king -- with 15 LINES -- after he did such a great job memorizing his 1st line.

He decided he did not want that kind of responsibility, though. Either that, or he didn't want to give up his warrior sword.

No comments: