Friday, July 25, 2008

Mountain Adventure

Yesterday was a day filled with friends and fun! We started off the morning with a tie-dying party hosted by my creative friend, Kim. Here's Perry's finished product.

His daddy was telling him tonight how cool his shirt looked, and I was agreeing that it came out great. P responded, "Thanks." Then he looked at me and said, "Although you really did all the work." At least he's honest. Although he found the whole process quite interesting, all that rubberband tying and soaking just took too darn long!

Later in the day, we met up again with our summer fun buddies, the Statzers and the Crouses, and set out for Stone Mountain.

The kids were all very excited to tackle the new Sky Hike (which has been heavily advertised on TV this summer, hence their excitement). We decided to start at the Barn, though, a HUGE, multilevel playplace filled with things to climb, balls to shoot, slides to try, and stuff to explore. I don't have any good pictures of that because I couldn't catch the kids long enough to shoot any!


After some fun in the barn, we boarded the Sky Lift and headed for the top of the mountain.

Being "on top of the world" was Perry's favorite part. He was running all around, wanting to see it from every angle, shouting, "Come over here, Mommy! Look at this!" I loved watching him!



I got some great pictures up there, and I hope I was able to capture even a little of his joy, awe and excitement. I want to remember that!

Here he is checking out the Atlanta skyline.




We then made our way to the much-anticipated Sky Hike. Robin, Ethan, Caroline, Perry and I suited up in our oh-so-flattering (and comfy!) climbing gear and strapped in to tackle the first level. It was quite daunting once you were up there, but the kids were very brave. P was proud of himself for getting past his initial fear and conquering that whole 1st level, but he did decide that was enough for him. Caroline, Ethan and Robin continued on to the 2nd level, which we hear was a real challenge! I can't imagine what level 3 is like (it's 36 feet off the ground!).


Here we are getting ready to take it on!

Perry on one of the "elements".




There was more fun to be had in the area around the Sky Hike, including a "jr." Sky Hike and a rock wall.


Sarah, the youngest of our kids, was the first to make it to the top of the wall!


Later in the evening, the dads joined us for a picnic dinner and the Lasershow.


There was more laughter and fun with friends...
There was dancing...


Don't ask. I have no idea where he learned that dance.

And, of course, there was singing. Robin and I treated the group to a lovely rendition of "I Will Always Love You," and we ALMOST hit that note! : )

Scott impressed us with his ability to sing EVERY WORD of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia."
Eric, Perry and I cheered loudly when Georgia Tech was featured (although we may have been a slight minority in that crowd). Ha -- not even sure you could hear us over all the booing Georgia fans.
Of course, the kids enjoyed their glow sticks and flashing necklaces.

And a great time was had by all (except maybe the folks sitting around us enduring our singing and such).

1 comment:

Susan and Lee said...

I love the picture of the three of you guys. Hey Lisa, didn't you do that dance at many of the sorority parties? :)