Monday, September 29, 2008

What Not to Wear?

OK, ladies. Here I am living in this house full of boys, and I find myself needing fashion advice. This is where you come in!

This Sat., we are attending a banquet celebrating the 20th anniversary of the school where I teach. Since this is the first dressy function I have attended since the weight loss, I had to buy something to wear. Oh, and it did make me so sad to have to do that (can you hear the sarcasm? You know I loved it!).


I went with a pretty basic black dress, and I've decided on the shoes (black patent, chosen mostly b/c they flatter the legs). Now I need to accessorize. We all know that accessories are very important to the black dress, so this really is a dilemma!

Since the dress doesn't really lend itself well to a necklace, I went to Steinmart today and picked up this lovely bracelet and these earrings. I was thinking it would add some interest -- a pop of color, if you will.


My hubby seems to prefer this simple black sparkly cuff bracelet. Now keep in mind that his preference may be completely motivated by the fact that I already own said bracelet, and it does not involve a new purchase. Not that I'm saying he's cheap or anything...
And besides, I still need earrings if I go with that one!

Sticking to black accessories would be a classic look. But would it be boring?
Any other ideas for accessories?

Help me out, girls!

7 comments:

Kristin Puckett (Collins) said...

I think I feel the same way as you and the pop of color is a nice idea. My only other suggestion in pearls they are simple and elegant. I love love love the dress! Congratulations on the weight-loss!

Kim said...

My thought would go with pearls. But I LOVE pearls. I prefer the red to the black, though. I think the black would be too much black. I hope y'all have a great time!

Lisa said...

I thought of pearls, too. I saw a necklace with pearls that I liked today. Just no bracelets. I may have to look elsewhere if that seems to be the popular vote! :)

Anonymous said...

What about something that is shiny green? Like not trashy green but bright pop of color and green looks so good on the red heads.. OR you could do Gold accessories and GOLD strappy sandals!! That may be a little "Baby" on Dirty Dancing (Except her heels were silver) Anyway - I like the color.

Anonymous said...

I like shiny sterling silver with black. it pops off the black and really shows the jewlery off...that is just me though.

Susan and Lee said...

I think you need some color too with the black. Pearls are nice if they aren't like old lady kind of pearls. No offense anyone, Not that I am a spring chicken

Cheryl said...

You NEED the pop of color!!! I love the earrings and bracelet you picked out!