Friday, September 5, 2008

Where I've been

So I know that I said I'd post pictures from Labor Day weekend, and I haven't gotten around to that yet. Allow me to explain...

A couple of weeks ago, my dad told me he was going to be having a heart cath. He had an EKG that "was not textbook," as he put it. They did a stress test, and based on those results wanted to do the cath. They thought there may be some blockage that could require a stint or simple angioplasty. They scheduled the cath for this past Wed.

Wed. afternoon my little sis called with the news that Dad would be having quadruple bypass on Fri. -- 2 days later. The heart cath revealed serious blockages, and they decided to schedule him for Fri. and keep him in the hospital until the surgery.

Not exactly the news we had expected! But we were all thanking God for that heart cath, which allowed them to identify the problems so they could be fixed.

Of course, I wanted to be there with him for the surgery, and the Lord graciously worked that out for me. Amazingly, I found a very reasonable price on a last-minute plane ticket, so I headed down to W.Palm only a little more than 24 hrs. after hearing the news, and I arrived around midnight last night.

Amanda and I made it to the hospital (VERY early this morning) to give him kisses before he went in.

The surgery went very well. The doctor was pleased with the results, and, according to the nurses, he is on the "fast track" recovery-wise. They were able to remove the breathing tube about 5 hrs. after surgery (MUCH to Dad's relief).

We pray that the rest of the recovery will go well, and that he will feel better than ever!

And I will get around to posting those pictures eventually, I promise. : )

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm glad your dad is doing well.

Cheryl said...

I saw on fb about your dad. Been praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

that's great that your dad is on the fast track to recovery! Ya'll are all in my prayers....