Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In honor of the 2 week anniversary of Labor Day 2008...

Finally! Pictures from Labor Day!

2 weeks ago we were supposed to go to New Orleans to visit my sister and her family. If you remember, however, a very unfriendly guy named Gustav cleared out The Big Easy that weekend. So my sister evacuated, and we took a last-minute trip to see my mom and stepdad in Kentucky.

Perry always LOVES being at Nana and Grandpa's house! There are so many fun things to explore there. This trip did not disappoint.

We roasted a few marshmellows.But Perry soon decided he'd rather just eat them out of the bag.
Grandpa showed Perry all of the cool stuff that's growing in his garden. P picked some carrots and baby pumpkins himself.

We also got to visit my Uncle Mark and his pool! When we asked Perry if he remembered going there last year, he shouted, "Oh yeah! That place is awesome!"

It earns such high praise because there is a diving board AND a slide! Wow!

My cousin and his kids actually came by while we were there. It was fun watching Perry play with his kids. It brought back lots of memories of us at that age. When I was Perry's age, we were living there in Ky, and we had some good time with the cousins back then!

The last day we were there, tour guide Grandpa took us exploring. We checked out the creek behind their house, and, of course Perry couldn't resist testing out the waters!
He only got waist-deep in water!
And he wondered over and over why Nana and I didn't go in.

An excellent time was had by all!
I have a lot more pics, but, hey, you can't expect too much! For some reason, uploading pictures to blogger is a much slower process on my laptop. No idea why. I'm working on it.
Maybe someday I'll get the pictures posted from Perry's nursery rhyme parade at school. Right now you'll just have to imagine. It was very cute.
Yep, those will be coming right along with pictures of him driving his first car...

No comments: