Sunday, October 5, 2008

Date Night


Here we are before we went to the Landmark 20th anniversary banquet last night. I'm so sorry the picture does not show the accessories, though!
Thank you all for your help. I went with the red, which won against the black by a landslide in the voting. Pearls were also popular, but I just ran out of time to shop for anything else.
The hubby and I had a very nice time. It was really amazing to see what God has done with this school in the past 20 years. There were several video slide shows, one of which showed the very humble beginnings of the school, in a run down warehouse building. One of the teachers who has been there since the start told about being impressed that the founders wanted to meet at the Marriott for lunch when they interviewed him. Only later did he find out that they thought he'd never take the job if he saw the school building! : )
Now there are over 800 students in PreK-12th grade on 2 campuses, both of which are MUCH nicer than the original!
I'm so thankful that the focus and the vision have never changed, though. As the school motto says, everything we do is with this goal in mind:
"Every student prepared to impact the world for Jesus Christ."
Now that's what I'm talking about!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!

Susan and Lee said...

You both look fantastic! Is that your house? I love the scarecrow decorations in the background.

Lisa said...

Unfortunately, that's not my house. :) It's my in-laws house. We took the pic when we were dropping Perry off. I'll tell my mom-in-law that you like her decor, Susan!