Saturday, May 10, 2008

Making the World a Better Place... One Stick at a Time

After a little yard-saling this morning, we spent some time working in the yard today. Perry enjoyed helping us, until he decided there were more important things he needed to do.

"Mommy," he says, "I'm going to make the world a better place for bugs."

"OK, how?"

"I'm going to build a playset for the bugs," he said.

And he did.





It was quite elaborate. I'm sure the bugs were mighty pleased with his work!

We did get something accomplished. Look!




This is beside our shed in the backyard. I wish I had taken a "before" picture. Just try to envision small, half-dead bushes on a slab of eroded clay. Quite the improvement, huh? We built the wall and everything.

Now, I'm thinking I might post a picture of our front yard and request your landscaping suggestions. I'm at a total loss! We have quite a large yard, and I'm not sure where to start.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

Susan and Lee said...

That is so cute Lisa. Don't you love boys?!

Susan