Monday, August 11, 2008

School Days (and nights)

Oh Blog, how I've missed you.
Other things I've missed -- sleep, seeing my family, eating a meal at my house, etc.

1st let me say, very clearly, that I LOVE my new job. But it's been a little crazy this past week. You see, the school moved into a brand spankin' new addition this year. The Lord smiled on us and got everything completed before school began (which we didn't think would happen). However, it wasn't much before. We were finally able to get into our classrooms last Wed. around 4 PM, and we had registration on Fri. at 10 AM.
And so began the marathon.

In less than 48 hours, that place was completely transformed. It was truly amazing how hard everyone worked and how helpful everyone was -- the entire staff, their families, the Landmark parents, people we found on the street...

Oh, ok, we did stop just short of dragging in anyone who could lift a box. We did spend A LOT of time there, though. Eric was such a good sport, putting together massive pieces of furniture and even helping me with a bulletin board. And he only complained a little. : )

School did start today, and I just adore my children! Perry was very happy with the teacher he got this year (I actually teach her son as well -- funny!). And Perry's best bud is in his class.

Here are a couple of shots of us before we left today.

During all the madness, my lil sis was here visiting. She was a lifesaver, keeping Perry entertained and helping out in my classroom some as well.

I felt really bad that I wasn't spending as much time with her as I would have liked. We did have a fun girl's day on Sat., though. We got our hair cut in the morning, and then we went out for some sushi that evening. YUM!
Check out these 2 hotties. (Perry took the picture, by the way. Not bad, huh?)
LOVE YOU, SIS!

2 comments:

Susan and Lee said...

Those are great. I love your dress and you look wonderful. I always miss this time of year when it rolls around. It came so fast. Good luck and have a great year!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! You look great! I love your dress! Wow, i can't believe you have a child in KINDERGARTEN!!! It seems like yesterday we were in college! Time flies!